November 13, 2018
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It’s the start of the holiday season and with it come two awesome days of major shopping deals (shout out to Black Friday and Cyber Monday). But don’t forget about #GivingTuesday. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving marks the start of the charitable giving season, and we need your help to make this the best #GivingTuesday yet!
We need you because Blue Star Families (BSF) programs like Blue Star Museums, Blue Star Books, and Blue Star Parks are possible thanks to generous people who support military families. People like your neighbor Amy, your good friend Mike, and your mom give to BSF because they have loved ones who are part of our community. When you share how Blue Star Families affects your life, you inspire others to support military families across our nation… and that’s how you pay it forward.
Show your gratitude by…
Creating a Facebook fundraiser for BSF now through #GivingTuesday. Every dollar you raise for BSF will be used to build Blue Star Communities and connect military families to resources that will help us thrive — not just survive — in the communities where we live. And as a bonus, on #Giving Tuesday, Facebook and PayPal will match funds raised on Facebook, which means your impact will DOUBLE!
It’s easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create a Facebook fundraiser for Blue Star Families.
- Tell your friends and family how BSF has impacted your life.
- Track your goals and pat yourself on the back, because you are a rockstar fundraiser… and most importantly, real, life military families’ lives are going to change because of you!
As a thanks for your sharing your story, we’ll send you:
- A $5 Starbucks gift card if your fundraiser hits $100
- A $5 Starbucks gift card and a BSF t-shirt if your fundraiser hits $200
The hard work is done.
All you have to do is use our handy toolkit to get started. It gives you everything you need to create your BSF fundraiser in less than three minutes. Pay it forward and start raising funds today! Grab your BSF #GivingTuesday Toolkit here.