August 3, 2019
Did you know that we have more than 150,000 members in our Blue Star Families network?
Yep, it’s true! So when membership is free, why in the world wouldn’t you want to join our growing family?
But maybe your reason is simple: you aren’t familiar with all the membership benefits available to both military families and civilians. And if that’s the case, we’re dishing out the greatest ones today! Check them out.
For Military Families:
- Get invited to exclusive events—both virtually and in your community. In fact, we host more than 900 events in CONUS and OCONUS locations every year, from Networks Live! On Demand to concerts, chapter launches, Coffee Connect at local Military Starbucks Family Stores, holiday-themed gatherings, and Kids to Parks Day. What does that mean for you? Well, you’ll get connected to Blue Star Neighbors—both people and organizations—who not only support you, but also appreciate your service.
- Access many innovative programs. We’ve curated the following to provide solutions to the unique challenges you face as a military family—from frequent moves and deployments to reintegration, and more:
- Blue Star Museums: Every summer, more than 2,000 museums in all 50 states provide free admission to active duty, activated Reserves and National Guardsmen, and their families. This is made possible thanks to our partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the DoD.
- Blue Star Parks: We joined forces with National Park Trust so your family can enjoy, learn, and connect with more than 2,000 outdoor treasures in our country. For free.
- Blue Star Theatres: Theatre Communications Group (TCG) teamed up with us to offer complimentary and discounted tickets so our members can attend ovation-worthy performances at more than 150 theatres across the country.
- Spouseforce: This platform—designed by military spouses, for military spouses—matches military spouses to resources and employers according to their skills and lifestyle needs.
- Blue Star Caregivers: We provide critical peer support for caregivers of our wounded warriors through Caregivers Empowering Caregivers (CEC), Blue Star Cares, Caregiver Coffee Chats, and digital resources.
- Programming for MilKids (like Blue Star Books and Blue Star Bikes): Programs like Blue Star Books and Blue Star Bikes ensure our nation’s milkids can continue to grow and learn throughout the hurdles they face. Most notably, since its launch in 2009, our Blue Star Books program has distributed more than 100,000 books to 120,000+ children worldwide.
- Grab hold of discounts and additional perks. Thanks to some of our amazing partners and supporters, we’re able to offer these sweet deals exclusively to our members:
- Caribu App: Your family can enjoy military family-focused books in the dedicated Blue Star Families category for free within this reading app.
- Thrive Market: Get a free membership to this online shopping club! That way, you can purchase the world’s best-selling natural and organic products at wholesale prices.
- Sesame Street Workshop: Access a wide range of resources, from engaging videos and fun apps to helpful tip sheets and articles tailored to your milfam.
- Boys & Girls Clubs: Your milkids can receive a complimentary membership to a participating club in your area!
- Blue Star Deals: This complimentary members-only discount shopping platform provides exclusive discounts on nationally recognized brand-name products and services and local retailers.
- Feel a sense of connectedness and support—no matter where you’re at on your military journey. In our 2018 Military Family Lifestyle Survey, 48% of military family respondents felt they don’t belong in their local civilian community. And 43% felt they don’t belong in their military community. Through the events and programs we provide to our members alongside our Blue Star Neighbors, however, you can increase your sense of belonging and get the support you need to thrive!
- Unlock plenty of volunteer opportunities. While military family members can volunteer, too, civilians have the opportunity to give back on a local level. Our volunteers have done everything from passing out children’s books to hosting local Coffee Connect! events, and talking about the importance of the annual Military Family Lifestyle Survey (MFLS).
- Explore our Military Family Lifestyle Survey results. Again, all BSF members can access the MFLS results we publish each year. But it’s important to note that civilians can also explore the findings, which will give you a better picture of the realities military, veteran, and National Guard/Reserve families face. That way, you’ll have an enhanced understanding of how your support for military families strengthens national security and local communities, and is vital to sustaining a healthy All-Volunteer Force.
- Make a real difference in the lives of our nation’s service member families. While the last two benefits make this third one pretty obvious, it’s worth mentioning. As a civilian BSF member, you can help us further our mission of empowering military families to thrive through attending and assisting with gatherings in your area and simply being an active supporter and advocate of our organization. All that to say, powerful communities of support will continue to form, and the military-civilian gap will inch closer and closer together.
Become a Member of Blue Star Families Today!
We’re sure you’re convinced to do exactly that. Right? If so, click here to join Blue Star Families. These great benefits (and more) are waiting! We can’t wait to welcome you into our family.