Published: September 14, 2021
The Oceanside City Council agenda for Wednesday’s meeting includes 17 items. Not only is this lower than the typical amount, but the items are primarily administrative in nature. Given that many recent council meetings have included topics that captured high public interest, this week’s meeting could be described as rather procedural.
Here are highlights for the September 15th meeting agenda:
PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Proclamation in Honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15th – October 15th, 2021
Proclamation in Honor of Constitution Week, September 17th – September 23rd, 2021, honoring
the 234th year of our United States Constitution, with Daughters of the American Revolution, Santa Margarita Chapter
Recognition in Honor of Blue Star Families Welcome Week, September 25th through October 23rd,
Recognition in Honor of National Manufacturing Day and Manufacturing Month CA, October 1,
2021, & October 2021, respectively
CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS
All items listed on the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine matters or formal documents
covering previous City Council/HDB/CDC/OPFA instructions.
7. Approval of a purchase order in the amount of $184,593 to Green Flush Restrooms for a restroom facility at Alex Road Skatepark.
10. Approval of a Public Works Agreement with Jilk Heavy Construction of Brea in the amount of $88,965 for emergency repairs of the Harbor Fishing Pier.
13. Adoption of a resolution authorizing the City to accept grant funds in the amount of $3,500,000 from the Department of Defense Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation
Defense Community Infrastructure Program for the construction of the new Fire Station No. 1.
14. Presentation of the draft Oceanside Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan for review and public comment.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
15. Adoption of a resolution establishing the adopted text change to Article 36 of the
Zoning Ordinance as part of the implementing document of the Local Coastal Program (LCPA21-
00004) to remove certain separation requirements for tattoo establishments.
Adjourn to a Mayor/Council Workshop at 2:00 p.m. on September 29, 2021, to discuss Community
View the detailed agenda and minutes for the September 15th Oceanside City Council Meeting.
Ways to comment on agenda items during this time frame
City Council Meeting Calendar
Watch the City Council Meeting Videos online.
Due to applicable Public Health and capacity restrictions, the City Council chambers are open to the public with a limited capacity. Members of the public have the option to watch the meeting on KOCT Cox Channel 19 (live streaming service available at http://www.koct.org/channel-19) or participate online via Zoom or attend in person. Members of the public who elect to attend in person are required to wear facial coverings in City facilities and maintain appropriate social distances, and may be required to wait in a holding area to maintain capacity restrictions.
Tomorrow’s Oceanside Council Agenda Is Mostly Administrative
September 14, 2021