Blue Star Families is excited to announce a new partnership with Fortinet—the #1 cybersecurity company in the world! Fortinet will offer veterans and military spouses FREE online, self-paced cybersecurity training through its Security Academy Program.
FREE – Network Security Expert (NSE) Exam Voucher valued at $400!
Registration is a simple two-step process!
- Sign in or join Blue Star Families
To access Fortinet, you'll need to sign in to bluestarfam.org. If you don't have an account, you can join Blue Star Families to create one.
- Register for the training with Fortinet.
Please make sure you select Blue Star Families as the nonprofit that provided you the registration link.
The Register with Fortinet button will appear once you’re logged in. You may need to refresh/reload the page.
Note: If you’d like additional information on how Blue Star Families can assist you in your career journey, please visit our Careers page or email [email protected].
What is the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) Program?
The NSE program is an eight-level certification program designed for technical professionals interested in independent validation of their network security skills and experience. It includes a wide range of self-paced and instructor-led courses, as well as practical, experiential exercises that demonstrate mastery of complex network security concepts.
To earn certification at each level, you must pass a series of quizzes or exams:
- For NSE levels 1-3, the quizzes are incorporated into the self-paced learning packages.
- For NSE levels 4-8, Pearson VUE (a third-party vendor) proctors the exams.
- For NSE level 8, you must pass the written exam hosted by Pearson VUE. Also, you must pass the practical exam hosted by Fortinet.
All NSE certification levels are valid for two years from the date of completion. For a list of the certifications, check out the NSE End User Guide.
Our new partnership includes a Network Security Expert (NSE) exams voucher, starting at the NSE level 4 (a $400 value!).
Benefits of Completing the NSE Program
- You’ll be recognized in the industry as part of an elite group of security professionals.
- You’ll validate your network security skills and experience.
- You’ll demonstrate value to current and future employers.
- You’ll leverage the full range of Fortinet network security products, consolidate solutions, and reduce risks.
Need Assistance Finding Employment
Check out the Fortinet Veterans program, which is focused on the following:
- Filling in the cybersecurity skills gap through talent creation, working in tandem with Fortinet Network Security Academy, facilitating the transition of exceptional military veterans and spouses into the cybersecurity industry.
- Providing professional networking opportunities, education pathways, and mentoring to assist students in finding employment or internship opportunities.
- Offering positions that may be available at Fortinet or through one of its many partners.
Interested in learning more? Visit FortiVet Program or email [email protected]
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our Careers Managers at [email protected].