The COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI), in collaboration with the Association of Defense Communities, was formed to bring visibility on COVID-19-related challenges affecting military and Veteran families.
Our hard work to create collaborative relationships with government leaders and the local community allowed us to respond to the pandemic in a positive, timely way, and further support those who serve our country.
COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI)
- We launched the CMSI in partnership with the Association of Defense Communities (ADC) to establish a clearinghouse for vetted, official information both to and from military and Veteran families about benefits, as well as evolutions in the pandemic’s progress and our fight to stop it.
- The CMSI provided resources and expertise to support communities, states, and military and Veteran families through this crisis, including:
- Hosting virtual town halls on key issues impacting our military and Veteran communities during the crisis
- Convening Military Community and Family Organizations and experts to identify and advance best practices and policy solutions
- Creating a repository to capture and document best practices and lessons learned
Events & research
Blue Star Chapters
We offer unique local programming in communities across the country to provide increased information and belonging.
With Major Support From