Blue Star Families leveraged our close relationships with government leaders and the local community to bring visibility on challenges affecting military families in a thoughtful and timely way to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic through the COVID-19 Military Support Initiative in collaboration with the Association of Defense Communities. Our hard work to create collaborative relationships allowed us to help coordinate a positive and timely response.
Below you can see many of the immediate actions we took to help respond to the pandemic and support the military-connected community.
COVID-19 Military Support Initiative
- In partnership with the Association of Defense Communities, we launched the COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI) to establish a clearinghouse for vetted, official information both to and from military and veteran families about benefits, as well as evolutions in the pandemic’s progress and our fight to stop it.
- The COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI) provided resources and expertise to support communities, states, and military families through this crisis, including:
- Providing comprehensive coverage of the crisis through a new daily publication that will build on ADC’s widely-read On Base daily newsletter.
- Hosting Virtual Town Halls on the key issues impacting our military, defense communities and military families during the crisis.
- Convening Military Community and Family Organizations and experts to identify and advance best practices and policy solutions.
- Create a repository to capture and document best practices, lessons-learned, and frequently-asked questions.
The Pain Points Poll
Over it's 10-week fielding, the CMSI Pain Points Poll identified the intense challenges our military families, military communities, and veterans experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. By staying connected to our military community we have been able to initiate necessary policy shifts and to alert military, government, and non-profit leaders of the pain points our community has faced during this global pandemic.
Pain Points Poll Latest Results:
Blue Star Families’ partners are offering members exclusive access to virtual resources to support you through this uncertain time.
Join Blue Star Families now to enjoy these benefits and more.
COVID-19 Helpful Resources
Browse our growing collection of handy resources to help get through the Coronavirus crisis. More resources are added daily.
Arts and Creativity, At-Home Education, Childcare, Employment, Family Entertainment, Financial Assistance, Food Assistance, and more...
Local Chapter Support
We are pivoting our local Blue Star Families chapters to provide increased information and support to local military family communities, including reaching out to you directly to understand what you need and identifying new locally-based sources of support.
Blue Star Families Needs Your Help: Call for Stories
After an unprecedented year, Blue Star Families is working hard to continue to address the changing needs of military families. While many feel like they are starting to see the light at the end of the [very long] tunnel, we know families are still struggling. We want to hear from YOU. What challenges do you continue to face and how can we respond as a community?