Through the COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI), in collaboration with the Association of Defense Communities, we bring you visibility on COVID-19-related challenges affecting military and Veteran families.
Our hard work to create collaborative relationships with government leaders and the local community has allowed us to coordinate the following actions to respond to the pandemic in a positive, timely way, and further support those who serve our country.
COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI)
- We launched the CMSI in partnership with the Association of Defense Communities (ADC) to establish a clearinghouse for vetted, official information both to and from military and Veteran families about benefits, as well as evolutions in the pandemic’s progress and our fight to stop it.
- The CMSI provided resources and expertise to support communities, states, and military and Veteran families through this crisis, including:
- Delivering comprehensive coverage through a new daily publication that will build on ADC’s widely-read On Base daily newsletter
- Hosting virtual town halls on key issues impacting our military and Veteran communities during the crisis
- Convening Military Community and Family Organizations and experts to identify and advance best practices and policy solutions
- Creating a repository to capture and document best practices, lessons learned, and frequently asked questions
Events & research
Pain Points Poll
Over its 10-week fielding period, the CMSI Pain Points Poll identified the intense challenges military and Veteran families experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. By staying connected to our community, we have initiated necessary policy shifts and alerted military, government, and nonprofit leaders of the pain points our community has faced during this unprecedented time.
Latest Pain Points Poll Results:
Our partners are offering Blue Star Families members exclusive access to virtual resources to further support you.
COVID-19 Knowledge Base
Browse our growing collection of resources to help you navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Arts and Creativity, At-Home Education, Child Care, Employment, Family Entertainment, Financial Assistance, Food Assistance, and more...
We Need Your Help: Call for Stories
After an unprecedented year, we are working hard to continue to address the changing needs of military and Veteran families. While many feel like they are starting to see the light at the end of the very long tunnel, we know families are still struggling. We want to hear from YOU. What challenges do you continue to face and how can we respond as a community?