The Enforcement Action Strategy and Capacity Manager is responsible for designing, implementing and managing capabilities to support the effective resolution of Consumer Consent Orders, including but not limited to the Consent Order governance framework and process documentation spanning compliance plan development, submissions to regulators, interaction with Internal Audit, record keeping and reporting. Accountable for monitoring adherence to the governance framework by the Consent Order work teams and addressing any non-compliance. Implementation and ongoing enhancements to the framework will require a high degree of interface with Business Leaders, Regulators and Regulatory Relations management peers. This role is additionally responsible for developing a resource capacity model and corresponding budget for Consent Order resources. The role will partner with Regulatory Relations management peers to identify future resource needs tied to emerging issues to ensure appropriate resources/capacity are in place as required for timely remediation.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze and document existing practices and procedures utilized in the end-to-end management of a Consent Order by the Consumer lines of business. Strategically assess, identify best practices, propose a governance framework and socialize with key senior stakeholders across lines of business, Legal, Compliance and other functions.
- Apply Lean and other techniques to drive continuous enhancement to frameworks used to manage and communicate Consent Order status to the Board of Directors, Consumer Business Heads and Function Heads.
- Define key performance indicators to monitor adherence to frameworks, practices and procedures. Institute additional measures to monitor remediation activity progress and quality of submissions.
- Assist in the development and management of resource capacity model and budget for remediation execution. Report on staffing and expenses to stakeholders.
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of related policies, procedures, and process documentation. Responsible for managing common ongoing processes such as cross-functional reviews of submissions to Internal Audit, post submission information requests from Internal Audit and monitoring of record keeping routines.
- Refresh existing processes, e.g. cross functional business review of business closure activities, as needed to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish strong monitoring routines across the Consumer lines of business to ensure consistency and compliance with the Consent Order governance framework requirements.
- Interface with Regulatory Relations management peers to solicit feedback for continuous framework improvements.
- Interface with Regulatory Agency contacts, as appropriate, to socialize governance framework clarifications and enhancements.
- Partner across Legal, Compliance, Audit, and the Operational Risk Utility to ensure engagement, clear understanding of roles and responsibilities, and alignment to remediation deliverable timelines.
- Leverage industry best practices for management of Consent Orders.
- 5-10 years of direct, relevant experience in financial service control, compliance, audit, or regulatory management.
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Project management experience with the proven ability to develop policies, standards, procedures, communication plans and project plans.
- Experience defining, implement, and managing capacity and budget planning processes.
- Strong communication, reporting, presentation and influencing skills.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify opportunities within existing processes and business practices by leveraging previous experiences and knowledge of Consumer businesses and the Regulatory environment.
- Superior organizational skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the Consumer businesses and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Compliance, and Control functions.
- Self-motivated with a passion for establishing and maintaining a culture of control within the Consumer businesses.