The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Social Media Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with WWP’s following using various online social platforms to communicate organizational priorities, trending topics, and the monitoring and moderating of online discussions on social media platforms and blogs, and act as the team lead.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the team including assignment of workload, tracking team production, and ensuring the social media team is advancing toward established goals
- Approve standard organizational messaging for social team
- Provide feedback and edits to newly produced social media content for the team prior to sending through to leadership for final approval
- Make recommendations for the team’s learning and development
- Keep the team apprised of new trending industry standards and technology advancements
- Manage social media vendor relationships
- Prepare social media guidelines and coordinate with media training vendor to incorporate into annual staff media training
- Responsible for being the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on online and social media industry standards
- Generate interest in WWP programs and services while building relationships with WWP following on social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, SnapChat, Pinterest, and various related blogs/websites
- Create and provide recommendations of content to CEO for their public profile page on a daily/weekly basis.
- Post approved content to CEO public profile page and keep track of comments being made to inform CEO when his feedback or comment is required
- Monitor and report fraudulent profiles mimicking the organization or leadership
- Create content and posting to WWP Subject Matter Experts’ (SMEs) social media public profile pages
- Monitor online mentions of WWP and provide the organization’s response to conversations, trending topics, and issues
- Manage vendors acting as moderators of WWP social media platforms to ensure appropriate comments and answers to questions are being used and referrals to WWP programs are being made when appropriate.
- Keep social media messaging up to date with the organization’s standard messaging
- Develop social media content in the organization’s voice while maintaining a social media look and feel.
- Monitor online technologies and identify opportunities to utilize emerging social media platforms
- Create multimedia content: photos, videos, infographics, and podcasts that increase engagement with the organization’s following
- Produce live video streaming and conduct live interviews during events to promote the organization and mission
- Travel to WWP events for social content and live onsite social reporting
- Manage the social media team’s content creation and maintaining a social media posting calendar
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on the audiences following the organization’s social media platforms and identify the right content to engage with the organization’s following
- Prepare preparing periodic social media analytics reports for leadership and strategic partnerships team
- Work closely with strategic partners and community partners to create and share social messaging
- Design campaign plans and make recommendations for organizational messaging initiatives, identifying opportunities to get public involvement/awareness of WWP policy advocacy initiatives, WWP connection events, and trending veteran topics
- Respond quickly to social crisis communications
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to speak publicly and professionally with leadership and the public
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understand performance metrics for social success and search engine optimization tactics.
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Ability to provide high level of service to targeted client/customer base
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communications skills with ability to craft quick responses with high level of accuracy and attention to detail while appropriately representing the organization’s mission
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options, and problem-solve
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently, and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated proficiency in multimedia creation; photography and videography, image and video editing, copywriting and editing
- Solid knowledge of WWP social media footprint, brand, voice, culture, and mission
- Demonstrated proficiency on all social media platforms with strong competency on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, and SnapChat.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media management tools like Oracle SRM, Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social etc.
- Excellent leadership skills and professional acumen
- Ability to exceed goals and lend best practices to teammates
- Ability to convey the vision and goals of the organization and department
- Detail oriented and possess excellent written, editing, and grammar skills
- Ability to travel
- Mission driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social media, marketing, communications, public relations, or journalism required
- Six (6) years’ experience in social media messaging, analytics reporting, and content creation required
- Six (6) years’ experience in copywriting, editing, design, photography, videography, and creativity required
Certifications & Licensure