Welcome to Blue Star Families of Chicago!
I am a civilian supporter with deep admiration for the service and sacrifice of our nation’s military and Veteran members and their families. I glimpsed the challenges facing our heroes in uniform and their family members when I worked in then Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth’s office. I am honored to work now on behalf of all of our Illinois military and Veteran families.
I would love to connect with you and learn how I can meet your specific needs. I will also keep you informed of upcoming Blue Star Families events, explain how to get involved in our Chapter, and seek your input on how we can be most successful for this community.
Here is to building Blue Star Families’ Chicago Chapter, together.
Chicago Chapter Director
Town Hall series
Our Homefront & Frontlines Town Hall Series features high-profile speakers covering topics of key importance to military members, Veterans, and their families.
Blue Star Welcome Week
From September 24 to October 2, 2022, communities across the U.S. will welcome military and Veteran families who are new to the neighborhood.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Together with Starbucks, we are committed to strengthening military and Veteran families and connecting Americans to those who serve through opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and Yellow Ribbon Trees.
Campaign for Inclusion
All Blue Star Families programming is informed by our research. For this reason, research and advocacy is a key pillar of our Campaign for Inclusion. While all Blue Star Families research in the future will continue to look at data through a racial equity and inclusion lens, our groundbreaking study: The Diverse Experiences of Military and Veteran Families of Color provides unparalleled insight into how military families experience military life.
Help sustain our community building efforts or volunteer!
Check out the following national and local resources to empower your family.
COVID-19 and Vaccine Resources
- City of Chicago – Find a Vaccine
- Jesse Brown VA – COVID Vaccine
- Hines VA – COVID Vaccine
- Lovell VA – COVID Vaccine
- City of North Chicago COVID-19 Information
Racial Equity and Inclusion Resources
- Racial Equity Tools
- Chicago Community Trust
- Art Institute of Chicago – Racial Justice Resources
- Northwestern Institute for Public Health and Medicine – Anti-Racism Resources
- University of Illinois at Chicago – Institute for Research on Race and Public Policy Resources
- City of Chicago Office of Equity and Racial Justice
- Children & Nature Network – Equitable Nature Access
- Military Discounts – Lake Bluff & Lake Forest
- Cook County Military and Veterans Discount Card
- Chicago Office of Veterans Affairs
- Cook County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Chicago Regional Office
- Illinois – Find a VSO
- IL State and Federal Resources – Military and Veteran
- Illinois Joining Forces
- USO Illinois
- USO Great Lakes Center
- Road Home Program
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Illinois – Veterans and Active Duty
We are listening and working to ensure you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.