Blue Star Families Grants
Providing grants to organizations that help military-connected families thrive in their communities.
About Our Grants
Blue Star Families is committed to growing support to the Military Service Organization (MSO) and Veteran Service Organization (VSO) network.
Our Grantees Are Our Partners
We are committed to building trust networks, knowing that trust is built through relationships. We are investing in those networks so that all of our service members and their families have the ability to access the support and resources that meet their needs.
We fund programs and services that serve military- and Veteran-connected families. We focus on programs that improve the health and wellbeing of service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers, and those that:
- Build bridges to belonging for our military-connected families to each other and to the communities in which they live
- Center inclusion and equity in their work
- Increase accessibility to programming that fosters a healthy lifestyle
- Decrease barriers to accessing physical and mental healthcare
- Improve social determinants of health, and
- Enhance opportunities for Veterans to thrive after service
To be qualified to apply, your organization must:
- Be a 501(c)3 organization
- Provide direct services to military- and Veteran-connected families
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and sustainability
- Provide services within the United States of America or on American military installations abroad.
The first step is to submit a concise 2-3 page Letter of Intent (LOI) outlining your organization’s history and mission, the problem(s) you are addressing, description of your proposed program (with major goals), how you will evaluate success, and the budget request in whole dollars (up to $25,000).
LOIs will be received between January 1 - March 1, 2024. Applicants will be notified by April 2, 2024 if they will be invited to submit a full proposal, which will likely be due by May 3, 2024. Check back here by December 15, 2023 for further instructions about how to submit the LOI.