Blue Star Families Grants
Providing grants to organizations that help military-connected families thrive in their communities.
About Our Grants
Blue Star Families is committed to growing support to the Military Service Organization (MSO) and Veteran Service Organization (VSO) network.
Our Grantees Are Our Partners
We are committed to building trust networks, knowing that trust is built through relationships. We are investing in those networks so that all of our service members and their families have the ability to access the support and resources that meet their needs.
We fund programs and services that serve military- and Veteran-connected families. We focus on programs that improve the health and wellbeing of service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers, and those that:
- Build bridges to belonging for our military-connected families to each other and to the communities in which they live
- Center inclusion and equity in their work
- Increase accessibility to programming that fosters a healthy lifestyle
- Decrease barriers to accessing physical and mental healthcare
- Improve social determinants of health, and
- Enhance opportunities for Veterans to thrive after service
To be qualified to apply, your organization must:
- Be a 501(c)3 organization
- Provide direct services to military- and Veteran-connected families
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and sustainability
- Provide services within the United States of America or on American military installations abroad.
There are two phases to the application process. The first phase is to submit a concise 2-3 page Letter of Intent (LOI) of max. 1,500 words that outlines the following:
- Your organization’s history and mission,
- the problem(s) you are addressing,
- a description of your proposed program (with major goals),
- How you will define and evaluate success,
- and a budget request in whole dollars (up to $25,000).
- Please include the name, title, and contact information for the person submitting the LOI.
LOIs must be submitted between January 1 - March 1, 2024 (by midnight in your timezone) to [email protected]. The text can be in the body of the email or attached as a Word document or PDF. Applicants will be notified by April 2, 2024 if they will be invited to submit a full proposal, which initiates the second phase of the application process. Details about the second phase application requirements will be emailed to successful applicants on April 2, 2024.