Military Evangelist/Community Outreach, MilitaryTimes
The Honorable Rob Wilkins, appointed by President Donald J. Trump to the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition (PCSFN) is a retired US Air Force Master Sergeant and a fitness expert.
A native of Linden, New Jersey, Wilkins works as the Military Evangelist at Sightline Media Group, the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR ad cyber defense.
Some of his key military assignments included serving on the staff of The Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) and Legislative Liaison Office, Secretary of the Air Force, where he was responsible for organizing, coordinating, and escorting Congressional delegations worldwide.
An avid advocate for military veterans, Wilkins is a lifetime Air Force Association member, lifetime member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), lifetime member of the American Legion member and serves on military focused boards to include the American Veterans Center, Boulder Crest (retreat for military veterans) and Blue Star Families.
In addition, he is the President of Rolling Thunder Washington, DC and President of the RedCon1 Foundation, focused on assisting military families needed financial assistance.
- Military decorations include Meritorious Service Medal (one oak leaf cluster); Joint Commendation Medal; Commendation Medal (one oak leaf cluster); Achievement Medal (three oak leaf clusters); National Defense Service Medal; Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Selected for 2019 Who’s Who in America
- Recipient of the 2018 American Veterans Center Board Member of the Year for his work in recognizing, honoring and remembering members of the United States Armed Forces
- Hand-picked to serve on the 2005 Joint Task Force Inaugural Committee
- Proud grandson of a WW II veteran…a family member has served in the US military since WW II to the present time. In addition, 6x grandfather, Pate Wells Milner, served as a private in the Army of North Carolina during the American Revolutionary War…his service makes our family eligible to join the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR).
His DAR number is A0801
- Served overseas tours in Germany, United Kingdom and Italy
- Served in a hostile fire zone while deployed to OPERATION NORTHERN WATCH, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
- Served on Congressional & Governor delegations to Iraq and Afghanistan
- Recipient of the IFBB Achievement Award and Gold Medal for his work with military personnel, at-risk children and the Special Olympics
- Recipient of the 2005 USO-Metropolitan Washington, DC, Certificate of Achievement for volunteer work in the Washington, DC area
- Recognized with an entry to the Congressional Record (Jan ’09) by the President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, Congressman John Tanner, for his service to the country and the U.S. NATO Parliamentary Assembly delegation
- Lives with his wife, Amy and son, Robert in Leesburg, VA