Welcome to Blue Star Families of Tampa!
I am Suzy Malloy, the Tampa Chapter Director. In this role, my main goal is to be here for you. I am not only a spouse of an active-duty Sailor but also the proud mother and mother-in-law to two wonderful airmen.
I am super excited to welcome you to your Chapter. We are lucky to live in the Tampa Bay area. Through a collaboration with local companies and national organizations, we will be hosting a variety of programs and unique opportunities.
Please know the resources provided through your Chapter are only possible with your input and support! I invite you to join the Blue Star Families of Tampa Chapter and welcome you to volunteer with us. Be sure to follow us on Facebook as well.
I look forward to meeting you in the near future. Until then, feel free to send me an email with your thoughts and suggestions.
Tampa Chapter Director
Town Hall series
Our Homefront & Frontlines Town Hall Series features high-profile speakers covering topics of key importance to military members, Veterans, and their families.
Blue Star Welcome Week
From September 24 to October 2, 2022, communities across the U.S. will welcome military and Veteran families who are new to the neighborhood.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Together with Starbucks, we are committed to strengthening military and Veteran families and connecting Americans to those who serve through opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and Yellow Ribbon Trees.
Campaign for Inclusion
All Blue Star Families programming is informed by our research. For this reason, research and advocacy is a key pillar of our Campaign for Inclusion. While all Blue Star Families research in the future will continue to look at data through a racial equity and inclusion lens, our groundbreaking study: The Diverse Experiences of Military and Veteran Families of Color provides unparalleled insight into how military families experience military life.
Help sustain our community building efforts or volunteer!
Check out the following national and local resources to empower your family.
COVID-19 and Vaccine Resources
- Florida Department of Health
- City of Tampa Bay
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Tampa General Hospital Vaccine Update
- MacDill Air Force Base COVID-19 Response
- Hillsborough County COVID-19 Information
- Hillsborough County COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- Local Beaches COVID-19 Information
- Manatee County COVID-19 Information
- Pasco Country COVID-19 Vaccines
Racial Equity and Inclusion Resources
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance & Resources for Anti-Racism
- Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Hillsborough Organization for Progress and Equality | HOPE
- Tampa Organization of Black Affairs
- Tampa Hispanic Heritage
- University of Tampa – Race & Ethnicity Resources
- National Association of Asian American Professionals – Tampa
- Florida Diversity Council
- Children & Nature Network – Equitable Access to the Outdoors
- Welcome to Tampa Bay
- MacDill Air Force Base – Information, Tickets and Travel
- Hillsborough County Public Schools – Military Families
- USO of Central Florida
- Walt Disney World – Shades of Green for Military Families
- Busch Gardens – Military Discounts
- Family-Friendly Tampa Bay
- CareerSource Tampa Bay for Military Spouses
- Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military Housing at MacDill Air Force Base
- Visit Florida Theme Parks – Military Discounts
- TRICARE East Humana Military
- Military Child Care
- Hurricane Guide for Tampa Bay
We are listening and working to ensure you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.