Greetings, Blue Star Families of Tampa!
Blue Star Families ensures that wherever American military families go, they always feel connected, supported, and empowered to thrive in their communities. Through partnering with local organizations, creating engaging programs and resources, and sharing unique opportunities and events, we hope to help you and your family gain a sense of belonging here.
We encourage you to share ways that can make you feel more welcome, enhance your participation at events, grow engagement on our Facebook page, lend a helping hand as a volunteer, and invite others to join us.
Blue Star Families Tampa Chapter
Homefront & Frontlines
Blue Star Families’ Homefront and Frontlines Town Hall Series features a series of high profile speakers covering items of key importance to military members, veterans, and their families.
Welcome week is an exciting time for communities across the US to welcome military families who are new to the neighborhood. It’s an opportunity for military families to connect with their new community and for community partners to showcase what makes their town special. Through Welcome Week our team offers local and virtual opportunities nationwide for military families to get to know the best of what their new town has to offer.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Blue Star Families and Starbucks have been strong partners for years in supporting military families around the globe. We’re committed to strengthening military families and connecting Americans to our servicemen and women, and their families. Through our partnership, we provide opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and yellow ribbon trees honoring service members who are away from home over the holidays. Together, Starbucks and Blue Star Families strive to bridge the divide between the 1% of Americans who have served in the U.S. military and the 99% who have not. Why? Because we believe we’re all stronger when we take care of one another.
Racial Equity Initiative (REI)
The Blue Star Families’ Racial Equity Initiative is an important first step for our military families of color. Through five impact areas—Research & Advocacy, Training, Leadership, Collaboration, and Community Impact—the initiative will gather new resources and focus the energy of Blue Star Families and a broad assembly of corporate, foundation, and nonprofit partners.
Help Blue Star Families sustain our community building efforts or volunteer with us!
Check out these national and local resources to help your military family:
LOCAL BLUE STAR FAMILIES
COVID and Vaccines
- Florida Department of Health
- City of Tampa Bay COVID Information
- Tampa Memorial Hospital COVID Resource Hub
- Tampa General Hospital Vaccine Update
- MacDill AFB COVID Response
- Hillsborough County COVID-19 Information
- Hillsborough County COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- Manatee County Beaches COVID Information
- Manatee County COVID Information
- Pasco Country COVID Vaccine
- Florida Non Profit Alliance & Resources for Anti-Racisim
- Tampa Bay Chamber REI Resources
- Hillsborough Organization for Progress and Equality | HOPE
- Tampa Organization of Black Affairs
- Tampa Hispanic Heritage
- University of Tampa Race & Ethnicity Resources
- National Association of Asian Americans Professionals in Tampa
- Florida Diversity Council
- Equitable Access to the Outdoors
- Racial Equity Resource Guide
- Welcome to Tampa Bay
- MacDill AFB ITT
- Hillsborough County Schools for Military Children
- USO of Centeral Florida
- Shades of Green at Disney for Military Families
- Busch Gardens Military Tickets
- Military Family Friendly in Tampa Bay
- Career Source Tampa Bay for Military Spouses
- Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military Housing at MacDill
- Visit Florida Military
- Humana Military East Region
- Military Childcare dot Com
- Hurricane Guide for Tampa Bay
We’re listening and working to ensure that you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.