“Change happens at the speed of trust”
The White Oak Collaborative (WOC) seeks to address the challenges faced by military- and Veteran-connected communities through data-driven, cross-sector partnerships among its members for direct service and/or policy-level solutions—while applying a whole-of-family lens.
About the Collaborative
The White Oak Collaborative is a cross-sector coalition of organizations committed to supporting service members, Veterans, wounded warriors, caregivers, survivors, and their families.
Blue Star Families is the convening authority and secretariat for the collaborative, with more than 200 members representing military and Veteran support organizations, other nonprofits, and private, philanthropic, government, and community sectors. The work of the White Oak Collaborative is non-partisan.
Led by a rotating steering committee of member organizations, the collaborative holds off-the-record partners’ calls approximately every two weeks, where members hear updates, share relevant data, and learn about government and military priorities for the purpose of better serving our constituencies.
Participation is by nomination and invitation. For more information, please contact [email protected].
The steering committee rotates its membership every six months. Current members include:
- Lauren Augustine, Vice President of Government Affairs, Student Veterans of America
- Josie Beets, Senior Vice President of Advancement, United Through Reading
- Carol Eggert, Senior Vice President, Military and Veteran Affairs, Comcast NBCUniversal
- Grant Hegner, Military and Veteran Affairs, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Donna Hoffmeier, Senior Vice President, Advocacy and Strategic Communications, TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- Chris Johnson, CEO, Nation's Finest
- Michelle Norman, Executive Director and Founder, Partners in Promise
- Cathleen Pearl, Executive Director, Military Women's Memorial
- Jose Ramos, Vice President, Government & Community Relations, Wounded Warrior Project
- Kathy Roth-Douquet, CEO, Blue Star Families
- Charlie Williams, COO, Armed Services YMCA
White Oak Collaborative Webinars
Military and Veteran Communities:
Next Steps to Support Our Afghan Allies
Veterans and Military Families:
How To Welcome Our Afghan Allies
White Oak Collaborative Practitioners Forum:
Military Community Afghan Allies Response