“Change happens at the speed of trust”
The White Oak Collaborative (WOC) seeks to address the challenges faced by military- and Veteran-connected communities through data-driven, cross-sector partnerships among its members for direct service and/or policy-level solutions—while applying a whole-of-family lens.
About the Collaborative
The White Oak Collaborative is a cross-sector coalition of organizations committed to supporting service members, Veterans, wounded warriors, caregivers, survivors, and their families.
Blue Star Families is the convening authority and secretariat for the collaborative, with more than 200 members representing military and Veteran support organizations, other nonprofits, and private, philanthropic, government, and community sectors. The work of the White Oak Collaborative is non-partisan.
Led by a rotating steering committee of member organizations, the collaborative holds off-the-record partners’ calls approximately every two weeks, where members hear updates, share relevant data, and learn about government and military priorities for the purpose of better serving our constituencies.
Participation is by nomination and invitation. For more information, please contact [email protected].
White Oak Collaborative Webinars
Military and Veteran Communities:
Next Steps to Support Our Afghan Allies
Veterans and Military Families:
How To Welcome Our Afghan Allies
White Oak Collaborative Practitioners Forum:
Military Community Afghan Allies Response
The steering committee rotates its membership every six months. Current members include:
- Danielle Applegate, Director, Veteran and Military Family Engagement, Cerner
- Raleigh Duttweiler, Director of Outreach, NMFA
- Megan Everett, Veterans Program Director, Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- Margaret Harrell, Chief Program Officer, Bob Woodruff Foundation
- Kristina Kaufmann, Executive Director, Code of Support
- Koby Langley, Senior Vice President, International Services & Service to the Armed Forces, American Red Cross
- Jim McDonough, CEO, Headstrong
- Kathy Roth-Douquet, Founder & CEO, Blue Star Families
- Lynn Schultz, Georgia State Coordinator, Building Healthy Military Communities
- Steven Schwab, CEO, Elizabeth Dole Foundation
- Conwell Smith, Chief External Affairs Officer, Rosalynn Carter Institute
- Sarah Verardo, Chief Executive Officer, The Independence Fund