Welcome to Blue Star Families of Tennessee!
I am Karissa Poe, Chapter Director for our beautiful Volunteer State. I have served as an Army spouse for 15 years, and it is my honor to welcome you to our Chapter. While I reside in the Clarksville, Tennessee/Fort Campbell community, you will see me traveling across the state to serve as many military and Veteran families in our community as possible.
I invite you to share ways I can make you feel more welcome, encourage your participation at events, grow engagement on our Facebook page, lend a helping hand as a volunteer, and invite others to join us. If you want to see a stronger presence of Blue Star Families in your area, remember: we cannot do it without you!
Tennessee Chapter Director
Town Hall series
Our Homefront & Frontlines Town Hall Series features high-profile speakers covering topics of key importance to military members, Veterans, and their families.
Blue Star Welcome Week
From September 25th - October 3rd, communities across the U.S. will welcome military and Veteran families who are new to the neighborhood.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Together with Starbucks, we are committed to strengthening military and Veteran families and connecting Americans to those who serve through opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and Yellow Ribbon Trees.
Racial Equity and Inclusion Initiative
Our Racial Equity & Inclusion Initiative (REI) is an important first step for military and Veteran families of color. We are proud to partner with leading individuals and organizations to harness new resources, build new programs, and bring new collaborators to change the unacceptable reality that far too many families face.
Help sustain our community building efforts or volunteer!
Check out the following national and local resources to empower your family.
COVID-19 and Vaccine Resources
- VA COVID-19 Vaccines
- TN Department of Health
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital Facebook Page
- Christian County Health Department
Racial Equity and Inclusion Resources
- City of Clarksville Human Relations Commission
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People – Clarksville
- Racial Equity Tools
- Children & Nature Network – Equitable Access to the Outdoors
- Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library
- Montgomery County Veterans Service Organization
- Visit Clarksville, Tennessee
- City of Clarksville Mayor’s Office
- Montgomery County Mayor’s Office
- Nashville Public Library
- VA Benefits Office – Nashville
- Visit Music City
- Nashville Mayor’s Office
- Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library
- Hopkinsville Mayor’s Office
- City of Oak Grove, Kentucky Mayor’s Office
- Visit Oak Grove, KY
- Visit Hopkinsville, KY
- Become a Blue Star Families Volunteer
- Volunteer with the Red Cross
- Fort Campbell Exceptional Family Member Program Facebook Group
- USO of Fort Campbell & Nashville
- Campbell Crossing, LLC. – On-Post Housing
- U.S. Army Fort Campbell
We are listening and working to ensure you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.