Military-Connected Families & the COVID-19 Vaccine: Part One
February 4, 2021
Our first in the Homefront and Frontlines town hall series featuring First Lady Jill Biden and Dr. Fauci. See below for the event recording and to access valuable resources.
Helpful information and resources from our trusted Blue Star Partners:
- Link to COVID-19 Vaccine Pulse Check report
- Get the latest TRICARE COVID-19 vaccine information
- See who gets the COVID-19 vaccine first
- Visit www.defense.gov for the latest official DoD information on COVID-19 response and vaccine availability
- American Red Cross
- American Red Cross - Support Military Families www.redcross.org/saf
- Virtual Resiliency Courses available to combat stress and isolation led by mental health professionals for military and veteran families: Contact your local Red Cross
- Military and Veteran Caregiver Network: offering caregivers of injured service members and veterans resources and an online network.
- Vaccine Distribution for Tricare Beneficiaries
- TRICARE Network Pharmacies
TRICARE beneficiaries should contact their local TRICARE network pharmacy to determine if they may schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as supplies are distributed in their area. Locate a local TRICARE network pharmacy here: https://militaryrx.express-scripts.com/find-pharmacy.
- TRICARE Non-network Pharmacies
TRICARE beneficiaries can receive the COVID-19 vaccine at non-network pharmacies—at no charge—as supplies are distributed in their area. Currently, under the federal response, pharmacies are prohibited from balance billing patients for COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 at the VA
- Veterans interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can inform the US Department of Veteran Affairs https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/
First Lady Jill Biden
Anthony Fauci, M.D., Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), U.S. National Institutes of Health
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark A. Milley, and Mrs. Hollyanne Milley
Richard Stone, M.D., Acting Under Secretary for Health, Veterans Health Administration
Lieutenant General Ronald Place, USA
Director, Defense Health Agency
Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman Ramón "CZ" Colón-López and Janet Colón