March 4, 2021
Blue Star Families and the American Red Cross welcomed back Dr. Fauci to answer even more vaccine and distribution questions. Watch the video and access valuable resources below.
Helpful information and resources from our trusted Blue Star Partners:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Pulse Check report
- Get the latest TRICARE COVID-19 vaccine information
- See who gets the COVID-19 vaccine first
- Visit www.defense.gov for the latest official DoD information on COVID-19 response and vaccine availability
- American Red Cross
- American Red Cross - Support Military Families www.redcross.org/saf
- Virtual Resiliency Courses available to combat stress and isolation led by mental health professionals for military and veteran families: Contact your local Red Cross
- Military and Veteran Caregiver Network: offering caregivers of injured service members and veterans resources and an online network.
- Vaccine Distribution for Tricare Beneficiaries
- TRICARE Network Pharmacies
TRICARE beneficiaries should contact their local TRICARE network pharmacy to determine if they may schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as supplies are distributed in their area. Locate a local TRICARE network pharmacy here: https://militaryrx.express-scripts.com/find-pharmacy.
- TRICARE Non-network Pharmacies
TRICARE beneficiaries can receive the COVID-19 vaccine at non-network pharmacies—at no charge—as supplies are distributed in their area. Currently, under the federal response, pharmacies are prohibited from balance billing patients for COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 at the VA
- Veterans interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can inform the US Department of Veteran Affairs https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/
Anthony Fauci, M.D.
Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), U.S. National Institutes of Health
Secretary Denis McDonough
Secretary of Veterans Affairs
Secretary Lloyd Austin III
Secretary of Defense
Lieutenant General Ronald Place
Director, Defense Health Agency
Kameron Leigh Matthews, M.D., J.D.
FAAFP, Chief Medical Officer and Assistant Under Secretary for Health for Clinical Services
President and CEO of TriWest Healthcare Alliance
Kevin Vigilante, M.D. M.P.H.
Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton