START (Serving, Thriving, and Reading Together) is a unique humanities-based and family-focused program building community among military and civilian families. Six weekly storytelling, reading, and discussion sessions featuring award-winning children’s books are led by professional storytellers and story lovers. The program is free for participants.
Families with children ages 6 to 12 will enjoy discussing children’s stories about such ideas as family, courage, and community.
By participating, your family will...
- Make new friends in the community
- Enjoy reading and sharing ideas together
- Learn more about community and library resources
- Plant the seeds for future academic success
Additional highlights include:
- Kid-friendly dinners
- Awesome picture books to read each week
- Door prizes
- Additional book gifts to build your family library
Family Book Clubs are coming in 2020 to:
- Baltimore, MD
- Clarksville, TN
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Washington DC area
- Waynesville, MO
To register for these events, check back in early 2020 for more details!