Published: April 23, 2020
Did you know that April is Global Volunteer Month? And not only that, but this week (April 19-25) is National Volunteer Appreciation Week!
While life looks different for us all right now, we wanted to give a shoutout to our awesome Blue Star Families volunteers who continue to find ways to serve, even during this difficult time.
Most notably, since Blue Star Families came to life in 2009, our organization has engaged thousands of volunteers who have given more than 40,000 hours of their time. How incredible is that?!
And that’s just touching the surface on all the amazing-ness our volunteers have achieved.
Here are some stand-out volunteer achievements so far in 2020:
- Since January 1, our volunteers have raised their hands to help Blue Star Families 289 times!
- Our volunteers span the entire country. Currently, we have interested volunteers in 32 different states and even some overseas.
- Over 120 volunteers have given at least one hour to Blue Star Families.
- Collectively, Blue Star Families volunteers have given 1,000 hours of their time to support programs that empower our military families to thrive. If you converted that time to dollars, that’s a value of $26K.
- Volunteers have hosted or assisted with 238 events and served over 11,000 military family members and neighbors.
Will you join us in saying THANK YOU to our volunteers?
Let’s show them some love for the fantastic work they do in military communities around the globe (& virtually right now!) by uploading a video message to social media! Be sure to tag @BlueStarFamilies and use the hashtag #ThankYouBSFVolunteers so we can share your support.
Are you feeling inspired to join our powerhouse team of volunteers?
Visit https://bluestarfam.org/volunteer/, and sign up to receive our monthly emails, which are full of opportunities to get involved in your area. Volunteering with Blue Star Families is an easy, fun, and fulfilling way to not only make a difference in your community, but also make new friends. We can’t wait to welcome you into our family!