JPMorgan Chase & Co. Presents: Blue Star Families Financial Resource List
*JPMorgan Chase & Co. is committed to addressing the structural barriers to financial wellness.
Check out the path forward for more information.*
Are you looking for financial resources? You are not alone! According to the 2020 Military Family Lifestyle Survey report, 63% of military families reported “some stress” or “a great deal of stress” about their financial situations. See below for some great financial resources that will help you navigate life as a military or Veteran family.
The American Red Cross works in partnership with military aid societies to provide quality, reliable financial assistance to eligible applicants 24/7/365.
Each branch of service has its own relief society that provides financial assistance to active-duty service members and their families facing financial hardship.
- The Air Force Aid Society provides emergency assistance to Air Force and Space Force families when unexpected financial emergencies arise with no-interest loans and grants.
- Army Emergency Relief provides zero-interest loans and grants to soldiers on active duty and their eligible dependents, Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers activated on Title 10 orders for more than 30 days and their eligible dependents, soldiers retired for longevity or reaching 60, and surviving spouses.
- The purpose of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is to provide emergency financial assistance to active-duty and retired Navy and Marine Corps personnel and their families.
- The central purpose of the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance is to assist clients during their time of need involving everyday essentials including emergency, housing, education, medical, and other financial needs.
H.E.R.O.E.S. CARE combines the power of national organizations dedicated to providing emergency financial aid. Apply for aid immediately.
A S.A.R.G.E. Grant may be used for financial hardships, natural disasters, and other non-reimbursable expenses.
- The USA CARES mission is to provide post-9/11 military Veterans, service members, and their families with emergency financial assistance.
- Operation First Response assists disabled Veterans with a 50% or higher rating. You must meet OFR requirements, so please follow all procedures and read the application carefully.
- Military Survivor Program | Military | Chase.com
The goal of the program is to assist eligible spouses and dependents by cancelling the debt of Chase military customers who were killed in action (KIA), died of wounds received in action (DWRIA), or died in a combat theater of operations since January 1, 2011.
- The Military Heroes Fund | The PenFed Foundation
This program offers financial assistance for wounded, ill, and injured post 9-11 Veterans who are experiencing an unexpected short term financial setback.
- The Fallen Patriot Fund of The Mark Cuban Foundation
Please visit the site or write to the organization to receive eligibility for assistance.
Family & Caregiver Support | The PenFed Foundation
The foundation will consider assistance with child care for up to 12 months with a $12,000 cap.
Housing: Mortgage and Refinance
- Home Lending | Military | Chase.com
Apply for a wide variety of mortgage options, including Veterans Affairs (VA) loans that may offer no down payment and no monthly mortgage insurance (MI).
- Mortgage and Home Loans | USAA
USAA provides VA loans available to current service members, Veterans and eligible surviving spouses.
Military-Friendly Credit Cards
- Chase.com Military SCRA Benefits
You may be eligible for SCRA benefits or protections if you’re an active-duty service member, or a member of the National Guard or Reserve, and called to active duty.
- Discover Military SCRA Benefits
Discover provides benefits to service members and their spouse/domestic partners. The service member must have been on or currently is on active duty.
Whether you just enlisted or retired long ago, your financial security is our vision. As the longest-standing nonprofit association exclusively serving the U.S. military community, the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association empowers you with the financial confidence to achieve your goals.