Welcome to Blue Star Families of Missouri!
My name is Tosombra Kimes, but I go by “Tai” because I love to tie people together—to their community, resources, places, and to other people.
I grew up as an Army brat with five siblings, and I am a mother to two quick-witted kids. I am also a disabled military Veteran, military spouse, and an unpaid caregiver to my retired Army Veteran.
Ultimately, I believe happy people glow brighter, and connected people flourish courageously. So be sure you stay connected.
Tosombra “Tai” Kimes
Missouri Chapter Director
194 Eastlawn, Suite 103A
Saint Robert, MO 65584
Town Hall series
Our Homefront & Frontlines Town Hall Series features high-profile speakers covering topics of key importance to military members, Veterans, and their families.
Blue Star Welcome Week
From September 24 to October 2, 2022, communities across the U.S. will welcome military and Veteran families who are new to the neighborhood.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Together with Starbucks, we are committed to strengthening military and Veteran families and connecting Americans to those who serve through opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and Yellow Ribbon Trees.
Campaign for Inclusion
All Blue Star Families programming is informed by our research. For this reason, research and advocacy is a key pillar of our Campaign for Inclusion. While all Blue Star Families research in the future will continue to look at data through a racial equity and inclusion lens, our groundbreaking study: The Diverse Experiences of Military and Veteran Families of Color provides unparalleled insight into how military families experience military life.
Help sustain our community building efforts or volunteer!
Check out the following national and local resources to empower your family.
COVID-19 and Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Scott Air Force Base
- Scott Air Force Base TRICARE
- General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital
- Whiteman Air Force Base
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Racial Equity and Inclusion Resources
- Forward Through Ferguson
- Racial Equity Alliance
- United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Women’s Voices Raised for Social Justice
- Missouri Humanities
- Children & Nature Network – Equitable Access to the Outdoors
- Become a Blue Star Families Volunteer
- Missouri NAACP
- Explore Fort Leonard Wood
- Everything Missouri
- Blue Star Families of Missouri Facebook Page
- Blue Star Families of Missouri Facebook Group
- Fort Leonard Wood Mommies Facebook Group
- U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood Facebook Page
- Fort Leonard Wood MWR Facebook Page
- Scott Air Force Base Facebook Page
- Whiteman Air Force Base Facebook Page
- Scott Family Housing Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Child & Youth Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Family Program Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Facebook Page
We are listening and working to ensure you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.