Welcome to Blue Star Families of Missouri!
My name is Tosombra Kimes, but I go by “Tai” because I love to tie people together—to their community, resources, places, and to other people.
I grew up as an Army brat with five siblings, and I am a mother to two quick-witted kids. I am also a disabled military Veteran, military spouse, and an unpaid caregiver to my retired Army Veteran.
Ultimately, I believe happy people glow brighter, and connected people flourish courageously. So be sure you stay connected.
Tosombra “Tai” Kimes
Missouri Chapter Director
194 Eastlawn, Suite 103A
Saint Robert, MO 65584
Town Hall series
Our Homefront & Frontlines Town Hall Series features high-profile speakers covering topics of key importance to military members, Veterans, and their families.
Blue Star Welcome Week
From September 25th - October 3rd, communities across the U.S. will welcome military and Veteran families who are new to the neighborhood.
STARBUCKS: More than a Cup of Coffee
Together with Starbucks, we are committed to strengthening military and Veteran families and connecting Americans to those who serve through opportunities like regular Coffee Connects for military spouses, welcome to the community events, and Yellow Ribbon Trees.
Racial Equity and Inclusion Initiative
Our Racial Equity & Inclusion Initiative (REI) is an important first step for military and Veteran families of color. We are proud to partner with leading individuals and organizations to harness new resources, build new programs, and bring new collaborators to change the unacceptable reality that far too many families face.
Help sustain our community building efforts or volunteer!
Check out the following national and local resources to empower your family.
COVID-19 and Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Scott Air Force Base
- Scott Air Force Base TRICARE
- General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital
- Whiteman Air Force Base
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Racial Equity and Inclusion Resources
- Forward Through Ferguson
- Racial Equity Alliance
- United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Women’s Voices Raised for Social Justice
- Missouri Humanities
- Children & Nature Network – Equitable Access to the Outdoors
- Become a Blue Star Families Volunteer
- Missouri NAACP
- Explore Fort Leonard Wood
- Everything Missouri
- Blue Star Families of Missouri Facebook Page
- Blue Star Families of Missouri Facebook Group
- Fort Leonard Wood Mommies Facebook Group
- U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood Facebook Page
- Fort Leonard Wood MWR Facebook Page
- Scott Air Force Base Facebook Page
- Whiteman Air Force Base Facebook Page
- Scott Family Housing Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Child & Youth Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Family Program Facebook Page
- Missouri National Guard Facebook Page
We are listening and working to ensure you have the chance for a fulfilling career during your military journey.